Bergen county nj dating service
Counties were required by law to file marriage returns beginning in 1795.
In 1826, the land became part of Lodi Township (of which today's remaining portion is now South Hackensack).
When Hudson County was formed in 1840, the area that is today North Arlington, Lyndhurst, Rutherford and East Rutherford became part of Harrison Township (of which today's remaining portion is Harrison town).
However, the area reverted to Bergen County in 1852 and became known as Union Township.
The definitive reason for the change in spelling of the final syllable from "furd" to "ford" is unknown, though the change may have been the result of name recognition of the Ohio politician Rutherford B.
Hayes, who was elected President in 1876, or could have been because of a clerical error done by the United States Postal Service.Part of the region was known as Boiling Springs for a powerful and ceaseless spring located in the vicinity.